As I’ve mentioned before, chicken tacos are a weekly dinnertime staple for us. In my last chicken tacos post, I revealed our new favorite way to prepare the chicken for our tacos, by adding Annie’s Green Garlic Dressing to the chicken.
This time, we prepared the chicken the same, but we just upped the health factor a bit by adding kale, tomatoes, garlic and raw veggie powder into the mix!
I have been trying to eat more veggies recently, so when I discovered this raw veggie powder I had to try it. It’s from Garden of Life and it touts that it’s “packed with the power of 34 nutrient-dense, RAW, organically grown greens, sprouts and vegetable juices.” Plus, it’s simple to use and it’s affordable.
It’s a really quick, weeknight answer to “What’s for dinner?” And it’s a great way to eat your greens. Give the recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Healthy Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 1 chicken breast, cut into bite-sized cubes
- Olive oil (use as needed)
- 1/4 cup Annie’s Green Garlic Dressing
- 1 scoop raw veggie powder
- Handful of kale (about a cup)
- 5 cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- Red pepper flakes to taste
1. Pour about a tablespoon of olive oil in pan.
2. Cook chicken in sauté pan on low for about 15 minutes until fully cooked through.
3. Add in Annie’s dressing, veggie powder, garlic, tomatoes, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes. Mix all together.
4. Add in kale and let cook until the kale has slightly wilted.
5. Heat tortillas. We personally like to fry our corn tortillas in a bit of vegetable oil for a few seconds. Or, you could heat them directly in the pan with no oil, or microwave them for a few seconds.
6. Scoop your chicken and veggie mixture onto the heated corn tortillas and enjoy!
For more great recipes go to http://kitchenability.com/