I enjoy a smoothie post-workout nearly every single day since it’s the absolute most refreshing thing I can fathom putting in my body after a good sweat (not to mention completely delicious.) No matter what ingredients I use, I always include a bit of cacao and greens since they’re both high in magnesium.
Magnesium is important for good bone health, mood health, stress-relief, and can also help with digestive function. It’s best to eat as many magnesium-rich foods throughout the day as possible, especially after a period of physical or mental stress such as a workout or a hard day at the office. So why not enjoy some magnesium-rich foods in a delicious smoothie while you’re at it?
I’ve been having the following recipe for the last week and just can’t get enough. Try this out as a meal-replacement since it’s filling and high in protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Heather's Soulful Chocolate Green Dream Smoothie
● 1 cup cold water
● 1 scoop Garden of Life Perfect Fit Protein (I like the Marley Coffee flavor)
● 1 scoop Garden of Life Perfect Food Raw Cacao Infusion
● 1 tablespoon chia seeds
● 1 tablespoon coconut flour (thickens it up nicely)
● 4 cups fresh leafy greens
● ½ cup your choice berries- I like acai berry pulp
● 1 cup ice
● 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
● dash of cinnamon and vanilla extract
Add all the ingredients to your blender in the order listed, blend, and serve!
For more great recipes from Heather go to http://www.soulfulspoon.com