- Place all ingredients except the coconut flakes into a bowl and mix well. (Coconut oil should be at room temp.)
- Place batter into the freezer for about 10 minutes so that it hardens.
- After the batter is set, roll Tablespoon-sized cake balls, then coat in coconut flakes.
- Store cake balls in freezer for up to three weeks.
- Serve cold; they will melt if left out at room temp too long.
You can also press the batter into a small brownie pan and cut brownie bites; it's easier than forming the cake balls.
Make chocolate sauce by blending ½ cup maple syrup, ½ cup melted Garden of Life Coconut Oil, 1 Tablespoon almond butter, 1/3 cup cacao and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Dip cake balls in chocolate sauce and then freeze to set.