Pie - Use Organic:
- 3 large bananas
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried coconut flakes
- ½ cup Garden of Life Coconut Oil - melted
- 1 cup cashews (soaked in water for about 20 minutes)
- 1½ cups pecans
- 6-7 large Medjool dates - pitted
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1½ tbsp. Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup dried coconut flakes
To make crust:
- Place pecans and salt into the food processor using the “s” blade.
- Process down until you get a flour-like consistency.
- Add dates and coconut oil and pulse until well combined then press crust into a 9 inch tart pan or spring form pan.
- Thinly slice the bananas and place them in one even layer on top of the crust.
To make filling:
- Rinse off cashews and place in blender with remaining pie ingredients.
- Blend until smooth (works best with a high speed blender such as a Vitamix).
- Pour pie filling over crust then sprinkle on the ¼ cup dried coconut flakes.
- Store in refrigerator for at least 3 hours before cutting and serving. Lasts 2-3 days in refrigerator or 1 month in freezer.