- 1 to 2 bunches of organic kale
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped pecans or pine nuts or slivered almonds
- ½ cup organic currants or raisins or cranberries or pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup thinly sliced organic red onion
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 organic lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon Garden of Life Chia Seed (optional)
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Remove stem from kale, chop and place in large bowl.
- Drizzle about 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper onto kale and massage down using your hands. (You can substitute ½ organic avocado for the olive oil if you want.)
- Combine all salad ingredients together into the large bowl of kale.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss until everything is well mixed.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for up to three days.