- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, combine raspberries, sugar, water and elderberry syrup.
- Mash the raspberries with a spoon and stir until combined.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer for a few minutes on medium heat and then turn the heat off. Set aside.
- In a larger saucepan, melt coconut oil and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring until completely smooth.
- Place in fridge for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into cooled chocolate mixture, alternating between pouring and stirring.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Using a spoon, drop dollops of raspberry sauce over the top and swirl with a knife in a zig-zag direction.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Sirenna Patapis