-- CLS Logger #439198 08/10/2021 -->
-- END #439198 -->
- 1 bunch collard greens
- 2 Tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled and chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons raisins
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Use a sharp knife to cut out the central rib and stem from each collard leaf.
- Rinse the leaves in a sink of cool water, lifting them into a colander to drain a bit. (You want some water to remain on the leaves.)
- Toast the pine nuts over medium heat in a dry skillet for about five minutes or until golden. Shake the pan often to keep the pine nuts from burning.
- Transfer to a plate, and set aside.
- Place the garlic and oil in a large skillet, and sauté over medium heat for one minute or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the damp collards and stir, then cover the pan and cook for two minutes longer.
- Add the raisins and pine nuts, and stir.
- Cover and cook for two minutes.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar, cover, and continue to cook for one to two minutes longer.