- 1 apple cut in half
- 1 orange peel only
- 4 star anise
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 inch knob of ginger root
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 5 cups apple juice or 5 cups water
For Spiced Cider:
- Place first 8 ingredients into a pot and then add the 5 cups of apple juice.
- Place pot on stove and turn stove to low setting.
- Bring to a low simmer for 20-to-30 minutes.
- Serve hot or chill and serve cold.
For Mulled Spiced Home Potpourri:
- Follow instructions above, but instead of using 5 cups of apple juice, use 5 cups of water.
- Let simmer for 1-to-2 hours and enjoy a beautiful warm aroma that fills your home.
- Add additional water as needed.