For a complete Vegan Dinner for Two, see Chef Gwen's amazing Vegan Appetizer and Vegan Dessert recipes:
Vegan Appetizer for Two: Marinated Olives
Vegan Dessert for Two: Chocolate Covered Fruit
- 8 oz. gluten free pasta
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or crushed tomatoes)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Heat a large skillet to medium high.
- Add olive oil, carrots, celery, onions and salt and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add in tomato paste and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in vegetable broth to thin out the tomato paste, then add in the remaining ingredients and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, cook pasta al dente then add directly into sauce.
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh basil or parsley.