For the Pesto:
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 ½ cups fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup diced avocado
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- ½ Tablespoon nutritional yeast powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 3 basil leaves rolled and then cut into strips
- Roast nuts on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes on the stove top (optional).
- Place nuts and all remaining ingredients into the food processor using the "s" blade and process until well combined.
- To make the zoodles, either spiralize it using a spiralizer or you can peel thin strips (to look like fettuccini) using a vegetable peeler.
- Place zoodles in a bowl and toss with pesto.
- To garnish, add tomatoes and basil.
- Pesto lasts 2 days refrigerated.
- Zoodles are best if used within 2 days.