Bath Soaking Salts with Essential Oils
Try this all-natural DIY recipe for soaking salts to add a little luxury to your bathtub. We all deserve some time to unwind and clear our minds. Epsom salts are made from magnesium sulfate and can reduce pain and inflammation and eliminate toxins. Combine them with the aromatherapy powers of essential oils and you’re sure to feel relaxed and rejuvenated. Make a batch of this bath soak and store ahead for the perfect bath-time occasion.
Remember to treat your skin with care by using a trusted brand of essential oils that are certified 100% organic and pure, like Garden of Life essential oils.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup Epsom salts
- 1 cup sea salt
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 20 drops of Garden of Life essential oils
- Pick your favorite scent or try one of our recommended blends
- Mix together Epsom salts, sea salt and baking soda in a medium-sized bowl
- Stir well, taking the time to break up clumps as needed
- Add 20 drops of your selected Garden of Life essential oils and stir until thoroughly mixed
- Spoon mixture into clean jars and store until use [optional]
- When you’re ready, draw a warm bath. Add two cups of soaking salt mix as the water is running to help the salts dissolve and the oils disperse
- Lay back and relax for up to 20 minutes and rinse off when complete
Recommended essential oil blends:
- To soothe: Lemon and Lavender
- To invigorate: Frankincense and Sweet Orange
- To relax: Sleep Blend
- To clear your mind: Rosemary and Lemon
- To brighten: Geranium and Lavender
- To uplift: Happy Blend
We recommend avoiding blends with peppermint, since it can have a harsh, menthol-like effect on the skin.