Q & A:
Hometown: Grew up in Myrtle Creek, Oregon. Now reside in Colorado Springs, CO
Most Significant Career Highlight:
- Placing 19th overall at the 2013 Pikes Peak Ascent at age 40
- Top 25 at the 2014 Mt. Washington Road Race at age 41
- 16:32 at the 2015 Carlsbad 5000 at age 41
Favorite food: Mexican
My Health Food Store: Mountain Mama – www.mountainmamanaturalfoods.com
My Secret to Staying Healthy: Being committed to daily habits like getting GOL supplements into my body each morning, a daily run or workout, daily reading, quality time with my wife, prayer.
My Favorite Training Tip: Get a scoop of GOL protein into your body within 15 minutes after a run or workout in order to recover well for your next run/workout. If you can incorporate that scoop of protein into a smoothie, even better. For smoothie ideas, check out my book “Smoothies For Runners” – http://www.trainwellracewell.com/books/smoothies-for-runners-book/
My Significant Others: My wife Shelley – we’ll celebrate 18 years of marriage in August.
My Favorite Song: Lately I’ve been enjoying the song “Echo” by the band Newport or “Good Good Father” by Chris Tomlin.
My Favorite Movie: Lord of The Rings & Hobbit.
My Favorite Holiday: Christmas
My Favorite Item of Clothing: Eddie Bauer flannel-lined pants
What I Want to Be When I Grow Up: Running & Fitness Ambassador. Oh, and an NBA basketball player
My Favorite Super Hero: Green Lantern
Charities or Causes I Support:
- Gospel For Asia – www.gfa.org
- Living Water International – www.water.cc
- Springs Rescue Mission – www.springsrescuemission.org
If I Could Change One Thing About Myself It Would Be: Better self-control around sweets
Upcoming events or competitions:
- May 14 – Black Canyon Ascent – Montrose, CO
- June 12 – Mt. Evans Ascent – Idaho Falls, CO
- June 18 – Mt. Washington Road Race – Gorham, NH
- July 3 – U.S. Mountain Running Championships (tentative) – Loon Mountain, NH
- July 10 – Vail HillClimb – Vail, CO
- August 7 – Berry Picker 5k trail race – Vail, CO
- August 20 – Pikes Peak Marathon – Manitou Springs, CO
- December 10 – USATF Masters National Club XC Championships (tentative) – Tallahassee, FL