Skip to content
Lemon Lavender Loaf
- 1½ cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar
- ½ cup Garden of Life Coconut Oil melted (plus more for coating loaf pan)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons dried lavender buds
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup plain coconut yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon lavender sugar mixture
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- Grease loaf pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients (the first 4 ingredients) and set aside.
- Place sugar, coconut oil, lemon zest and lavender buds in food processor and process for one minute.
- Remove 1 Tbsp. of that mixture and set aside for the glaze.
- Add in eggs to food processor one at a time until well mixed then add in vanilla and process again.
- Whisk together the coconut yogurt, lemon juice and ¼ cup of almond milk.
- Alternate this mixture (yogurt mixture) with the dry ingredients into the sugar mixture until everything is well combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Once bread is done, remove and let cool.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the glaze ingredients then pour on top of bread.
- Bread lasts one week in refrigerator.