Mint Chocolate “Protein & Greens” Balls
- 1 ½ cups Medjool dates (pitted)
- ¼ cup hot water (extra by the tablespoon as needed)
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- ½ cup oats
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ - 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 scoop Garden of Life Protein & Greens Chocolate
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Place the pitted dates in a small bowl and add ¼ cup hot water. Gently press the dates into the water and let them soak for about 10-15 minutes.
- Put the dates and soaking water into the basin of your food processor and blend until fairly smooth. Remember to scrape down the sides of the food processor as necessary.
- Add the hemp hearts, oats, cocoa powder, peppermint extract and protein powder to the date mixture.
- Blend until thoroughly mixed and coming together nicely. If the mixture seems too dry, add extra water 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Add mini chocolate chips and blend once more until they are distributed throughout.
- Roll mixture into balls. About 1 heaped tablespoon per ball will provide 15 balls. You are more than welcome to make them smaller should you desire.
- Once rolled, the balls store well in the fridge or you can freeze them. Often times, I make a double batch, freeze them on a tray and store them in a container in the freezer.
**Tip: Lightly wet your hands to help prevent the mixture from sticking to you while rolling.