TERMS & CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING WWW.GARDENOFLIFE.COM (THIS “SITE”). YOUR USE OF THIS SITE CONFIRMS YOUR UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all users of this Site and its associated services. This Site is developed, maintained and operated by Garden of Life Canada, a division of Atrium Innovations Inc. (“GOL”).
- Products, Content and Specifications. All features, content, specifications, products of products and services described or depicted on this Site are subject to change at any time without notice. Certain weights, measures and similar descriptions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. GOL makes reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of products, including the applicable colors; however, the actual color you see will depend on your computer system, and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display such colors. The inclusion of any products or services on this Site at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time.
- Accuracy of Information. We attempt to provide complete, accurate and current information on this Site. Despite our efforts, the information on this Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. GOL does not warrant or accept any responsibility or liability for the completeness, accuracy or currentness of any information on this Site. For example, products included on this Site may be unavailable, may have different attributes than those listed on this Site.
- Use of this Site. This Site is expressly owned and operated by GOL. Unless otherwise noted, all text, graphics, information, content, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork, computer code and other material displayed on or that can be downloaded from this Site (collectively, “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of such Content are owned, controlled or licensed by or to GOL, and are protected by copyright, patent, trademark and various other intellectual property and unfair competition laws. All worldwide rights are reserved. This Site and its Content are intended solely for your personal, noncommercial use. Any use of this Site or its Content other than for personal, noncommercial purposes is prohibited. Content may not be used except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions or with prior written permission of the owner of such material. You may not modify this Site or any part of this Site, including any Content, in any way, or copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, encode, translate, transmit, publicly display, perform, distribute or otherwise use any such information or materials for any public or commercial purpose. Any unauthorized use of any such information or materials may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, laws of privacy and publicity, and other laws and regulations. You may download or electronically copy and print any of the Content displayed on this Site for your personal, noncommercial use. If you download, copy or forward via e-mail any part of the Content, no right, title or interest in those materials is transferred to you.
- Promotional Offerings. Certain offerings on this Site may contain additional legal terms. Your use of or participation in such offerings will be subject to the additional terms as well as these Terms and Conditions. To the extent such additional terms conflict with these Terms and Conditions, the additional terms shall control. GOL reserves the right to void, cancel or suspend any promotion at any time without notice.
- Trademarks. Certain trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos used or displayed on this Site are registered and unregistered trademarks, trade names and service marks of GOL. Other trademarks, trade names and service marks used or displayed on this Site are the registered and unregistered trademarks, trade names and service marks of their respective owners. Nothing contained on this Site grants or should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos displayed on this Site without the written permission of GOL. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material. You may not remove, obscure or alter any copyright notices, trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, or other distinctive brand features or other proprietary rights notices affixed to or contained within this Site or its Content.
- Linking to this Site. Creating or maintaining any link from another Web site to any page on this Site without our prior written permission is prohibited. Running or displaying this Site or any information or material displayed on this Site in frames or through similar means on another Web site without our prior written permission is prohibited. Any permitted links to this Site must comply will all applicable laws, rule and regulations.
- Prohibited Actions. You may not: (a) reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, reverse engineer, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of, or commercially exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the Content, or this Site as a whole, or any related software; (b) use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; (c) manipulate, duplicate or otherwise display this Site, Content or any portion thereof by using framing or similar navigational technology; (d) register, subscribe, unsubscribe or attempt to register, subscribe or unsubscribe any party for any Site product or service if you are not expressly authorized by such party to do so; or (e) use this Site or Content, including any of the features, tools and service on this Site, for any reason other than for its intended purpose, including to communicate with GOL or conduct any Inappropriate Activities, as defined below. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of this Site, any other systems or networks connected to this Site, any GOL server, or any of the services offered on or through this Site, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate means. You may not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of this Site or any network connected to this Site, nor breach the security or authentication measures on this Site or any network connected to this Site. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user or visitor of this Site, or any other customer of GOL, including any GOL account not owned by you, to its source. You may not exploit this Site or any service or information made available or offered by or through this Site, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by this Site. You agree that you will not take any action that intentionally imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of this Site or GOL’s systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to this Site. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Site or any transaction being conducted on this Site or with any other person’s use of this Site. You may not use this Site (including any Content) to solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity that infringes the rights of GOL or others. You acknowledge that your failure to abide by these Terms and Conditions may subject you to civil and criminal liability.
- Inappropriate Material. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, morally offensive, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage harassment or a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law (collectively, “Inappropriate Activities”). In addition to any remedies that we may have at law or in equity, if we determine, in our sole discretion, that you have violated or are likely to violate the foregoing prohibitions, we may take any action we deem necessary to cure or prevent the violation, including without limitation, the immediate removal of the related materials from this Site. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order or subpoena requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting such materials.
- Account Security. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your registration information and password, and for all account use, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify GOL of any unauthorized use of your account or a breach of security of which you become aware. You are responsible for taking precautions and providing security measures best suited for your situation and the intended use of the registration and Site. We have the right to provide user account, content or use records and related information under certain circumstances (such as in response to legal responsibility, lawful process, orders, subpoenas or warrants, or to protect our rights, our customers’ rights or our business).
- DISCLAIMERS. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR RISK. GOL DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE WILL OPERATE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THIS SITE OR ITS SERVER WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL ELEMENTS. THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENT AND THE SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. NEITHER GOL, NOR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES WARRANT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR COMPLETENESS, QUALITY OR CURRENTNESS OF ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE. THE CONTENT OR SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND NEITHER GOL, NOR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES MAKES ANY COMMITMENT OR REPRESENTATION THAT ANY CONTENT, ITEMS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS, OR ASSUMES ANY DUTY TO UPDATE SUCH CONTENT OR SERVICES. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS.ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PURCHASED ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT ONLY TO ANY APPLICABLE WARRANTIES OF THEIR RESPECTIVE MANUFACTURERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, IF ANY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, GOL HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES LISTED OR PURCHASED ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR PRODUCT DEFECT OR FAILURE CLAIMS THAT ARE DUE TO NORMAL WEAR, PRODUCT MISUSE, ABUSE, PRODUCT MODIFICATION, IMPROPER PRODUCT SELECTION, NON-COMPLIANCE WITH ANY CODES OR MISAPPROPRIATION. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES TO THOSE DEFINED AS “CONSUMERS” IN THE MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY-FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION IMPROVEMENTS ACT. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. GOL assumes no responsibility, nor will be liable, for any damages to your computer, telecommunication equipment, or other property caused by or arising from your access to, use of, or browsing this Site, or your downloading of any information or materials from this Site, including without limitation any damages caused by viruses. IN NO EVENT WILL GOL, OR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS, NOR ANY LICENSOR, SUPPLIER OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR TRANSMISSION OF THIS SITE, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS SITE, ANY WEB SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, OR THE CONTENT OR SERVICES CONTAINED ON ANY SUCH WEB SITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS.IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THIS SITE OR ANY CONTENT, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THIS SITE.
- Revisions to these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may be revised at any time and from time to time and such revisions shall be effective immediately upon notice to you, which notice may be provided by posting the revised Terms and Conditions on this Site. You should visit this Site from time to time to review the then current Terms and Conditions because they are binding on you. Any use of this Site after notice of the revised Terms and Conditions shall constitute your acceptance of such changes. Certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be superseded by legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this Site.
- Governing Law. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Quebec, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. The courts of the judicial district of Quebec, province of Quebec, Canada shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of your use of this Site.
- Termination. You or we may suspend or terminate your account or your use of this Site at any time, without notice, for any reason or for no reason. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any aspect of this Site at any time without notice.
- Health Related Information. The information contained in this Site is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your doctor or other health care professional. You should not use the information available on or through this Site (including, but not limited to, information that may be provided on this Site by healthcare or nutrition professionals employed by or contracting with GOL) for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication. Information on this website have not been evaluated by Health Canada or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or by any other similar governmental authority in any other jurisdiction and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. You should read carefully all product packaging prior to use.