Five Effective Ways to Celebrate Earth Day
It’s Earth Day! We advise you to spend some quality time with Mother Earth today. For those of you stuck inside at work or in school, celebrate Earth Day 2016 by starting a few good habits for you and for the environment. Check out these five small, effective steps that in the long run, will make a huge difference:
- Flip that switch. We know you’ve probably heard this from your mother or college roommate, but remember turn out the lights when you leave a room. It does make a difference, we promise.
- Invest in a reusable water bottle. Not only will one help limit the amount of plastic water bottles floating around, but they can assist in reaching your daily hydration goals. Oh, and we can’t forget the variety of options available – they make for the perfect desk décor.
- … And reusable bags. Use them to grocery shop or to pack your lunch!
- Park it. Leave your car at home. For some exercise, bike to work. If you have a commute, carpool with a coworker and jam out to some tunes.
- Choose organic. Organic agriculture limits input of toxic chemicals in the air, soil and water. Since organic food production avoids the use of all synthetic chemicals, it does not pose a risk of soil and underground water contamination, like the use of fertilizers and pesticides in conventional farming. So, choose organic. Choose Garden of Life!
Happy Earth Day!