Autumn Turmeric Cauliflower Soup
- 10 cups cauliflower (about 3 lbs.) cut into medium florets
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Garden of Life Turmeric Boost
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- juice from 1/2 lime
- cilantro (to garnish)
- chopped cauliflower (to garnish)
- gluten-free croutons (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425º Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric boost, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- In a large soup pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric boost, cumin, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt, and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 3- 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, carrots, and celery. Sauté for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen any caramelized bits, and continue to cook.
- Add the grated ginger and roasted cauliflower to the pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender (or high-speed blender), puree the soup until smooth.
- Whisk in the coconut milk and lime juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm topped with cilantro, chopped cauliflower and croutons, as desired.
Products in this Recipe
mykind Organics Turmeric Boost Powder 4.76 oz (135 g)