Black Rice Salad
- 1 cup black rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 Tablespoons Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1½ Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger root
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the rice by placing 2 cups vegetable broth, black rice and 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a pot, bring to a boil, then cover with lid and reduce to simmer for 50 minutes.
- Turn off heat, but leave on lid for another 10 min, then fluff with a fork.
- While you are cooking the rice, you can also cook the butternut squash.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Peel and cube butternut squash and place on baking sheet.
- Coat with 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Cook for 40 minutes, stirring often.
To make dressing:
- Whisk together 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, ginger, garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over cooled rice and toss with pecans, pomegranates, green onion and cooled butternut squash cubes.
- Serve immediately.
- Add a dash of cinnamon on top if desired.
Products in this Recipe
Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Glass Jar - 16 fl oz (473mL)