Skip to content
- 1½ pounds 80% lean grassfed beef
- salt and pepper
- avocado or olive oil
- ½ cup plus 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup roasted pine nuts
- 1 loose cup basil
- ½ Tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat grill to high. Divide the beef into 4 equal portions. Form each portion loosely into a 3/4-inch-thick burger patties and make a deep depression in the center with your thumb.
- Season both sides of each burger with salt and pepper. Brush each burger with oil before placing on grill.
- Place burger patties directly on grill and grill 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Top burgers with your favorite toppings such as tomato, cheese, lettuce or my favorite, pesto!
- For the pesto, place ingredients, except the olive oil, into the food processor using the S blade. Pulse until well mixed, then slowly add in olive oil while continuing to process everything together.