Butternut Squash with Quinoa Salad
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 cups cooked tri-color quinoa
- 1 bunch kale with stems removed and chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 can (15oz) chic peas rinsed and drained
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- 2 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup chopped parsley for garnish and reduced balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Halve the butternut squash, remove seeds and place on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle each piece with salt and pepper then drizzle with olive oil and cook for 45 minutes.
- While squash is cooking, make the quinoa salad.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan on medium heat then add kale and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add in garlic, oregano, orange zest, quinoa, orange juice, cranberries, chic peas, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Once squash is done cooking and has cooled, remove flesh leaving a ½ inch thick border around the sides and bottom.
- Scoop salad into each piece and top with parsley and reduced balsamic vinegar.
Products in this Recipe
Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Plastic Jar - 29 fl oz (858 mL)