Chocolate Protein Muffin Cakes
Recipe by Valerie (@cedellicieux)
- 3/4 cup Rhythm Superfoods Sea Salt Beet Chips
- 3/4 cup packed organic pitted dates (7-8 dates)
- 1/2 cup organic oat flakes or organic quinoa flakes
- 3 Tablespoon Garden of Life Virgin Coconut Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein Chocolate
- 1/2 cup organic shelled pecans
- 1/4 cup organic quinoa flakes
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 organic avocado
- 1 organic banana
- 1/3 cup Garden of Life Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein Chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
Additional Ingredient for Chocolate Mixture:
- 80g Alter Eco Deep Dark Sea Salt Organic Chocolate
- Warm up your oven to 350°F.
- In a mixer, mix the crust ingredients together. Mix them long enough to make sure it turns into a sticky mixture. Test it with your fingers. If the mixture isn’t sticky enough, feel free to add another teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Once done, add 1½ to 2 teaspoons of this mixture to the bottom of each mini muffin pan compartments. Make sure you pack the mixture well. Use your fingers.
- Put in the oven (middle rack) for 5-6 minutes at 350°.
- Let it cool down.
- While the crusts are baking, prepare the chocolate mixture.
- In your mixer, mix all the chocolate mixture ingredients together.
- Then, in a microwave, melt one whole 80g Alter Eco Deep Dark Sea Salt organic chocolate and add to the chocolate mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Then, add the chocolate mixture over the cooled muffin crusts. Make sure you fill the space up to the top.
- Even it with a spatula. Add a raw pecan on top.
- Put the muffin pans in the refrigerator for at least 4-5 hours (even better, overnight).