Cranberry Apple Stuffing
- 10 cups cubed bread
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1½ cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup sliced leeks
- 3 cups chopped apples
- 3 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spread bread cubes in single layer on 2 baking sheets and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the bread has dried out.
- While the bread is cooking, heat a large skillet to medium high and add in oil, celery, mushrooms, salt, pepper, leeks and onions and sauté for about 10 minutes.
- Next, add in apples and continue to cook for another 5 minutes then remove from heat.
- Place bread crumbs, sautéed mixture, parsley, rosemary, spices and cranberries in a large bowl and toss.
- Slowly pour in broth and continue to mix until the bread has absorbed the broth.
- Pour stuffing into 2 greased baking dishes and cover with foil and bake at 325 for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
Products in this Recipe
Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Glass Jar - 16 fl oz (473mL)