Serves: 2 to 4
- 1½ pounds of boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 Tablespoons Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- sea salt
- 1½ cups beef or chicken broth
- ½ cup red wine or additional ½ cup of broth
- 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1½ cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Turn crockpot on high and add in all ingredients, except the chuck roast.
- Generously salt the chuck roast on both sides.
- Place coconut oil in a skillet on stovetop and heat on high. Place chuck roast in skillet and let sear for two minutes on each side.
- Next, place the chuck roast in the crockpot, cover with lid and let cook for six hours. (Lasts five days refrigerated.)
Products in this Recipe
Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Glass Jar - 16 fl oz (473mL)