Curry Butternut Squash Soup
- 3 ½ cups cooked butternut squash (no seeds)
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped ginger root
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein Unflavored
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder - use less if you don’t like it too spicy
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 15oz. can garbanzo beans
- Place coconut oil in large pot and heat to medium high.
- Once oil has melted, add onion, garlic, ginger and sea salt and sauté for 5-to-7 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and reduce heat to medium and sauté for another 2-to-3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, squash, vegetable broth, curry and cumin and mix well for 2-to-3 more minutes.
- Remove soup from heat, add protein powder, and use an immersion blender to blend soup or transfer soup in batches to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Lastly, add garbanzo beans and return soup to stove top and let cook on lowest setting for another 20-to-30 minutes.
- Top with toasted pumpkin seeds if desired.
Products in this Recipe
Raw Organic Protein Powder Unflavored - No Stevia - 19.75 oz(560 g)