Curry Chicken and Broccoli Stew
- 1 ½ lb. chicken breast cut into chunks
- 2 cups steamed broccoli florets
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- ½ cup chopped yellow or white onion
- 1 Tablespoon Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot and add onions.
- Sauté onions lightly, until translucent and then add coconut milk, chicken broth and all spices and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken and cover pot.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until the chicken is bone white all the way through (you may need to cut a piece to see if it’s done in the center).
- Reduce heat to low and add in cooked rice and steamed broccoli.
- Allow the stew to cook for another 10 minutes on low heat and then serve immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Products in this Recipe
Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Glass Jar - 16 fl oz (473mL)