Skip to content
Grilled Corn with Kale Pesto
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese or 1½ Tablespoons nutritional yeast powder
- ½ Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4-6 ears of corn
- Place walnuts and pine nuts into a pan and roast on the stove top (medium high heat) for a few minutes or until they begin to slightly turn brown and become fragrant.
- Then place all Pesto ingredients except for the olive oil (and corn) into a food processor using the “s” blade.
- Process about 10 seconds, until kale and basil are finely chopped.
- Turn food processor on again and slowly pour in the olive oil.
- Pesto lasts up to 3 days in refrigerator.
- To serve pesto over grilled corn, heat your grill to high (very hot) and pull the outer husks of the corn down to the base of the corn.
- Strip away any silk from the corn.
- Place the ears of corn onto the grill directly and grill for 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes.
- Remove corn from grill, coat with pesto and serve hot!