Irish Potato Pancakes
- 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1½ cups peeled and grated potatoes (1 large potato)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup chopped chives divided in half
- Garden of Life Coconut Oil for frying
- Place cubed potatoes into a large pot of cold water and add a few dashes of salt.
- Turn heat on high and once water starts to boil cook potatoes for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate one large potato then place grated potato in a mesh strainer over a bowl and add ½ tsp. of salt.
- Let sit for 5 minutes then press potatoes down with a rubber spatula to remove water.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot.
- Add in ¼ cup almond milk, olive oil, ½ tsp. salt and pepper.
- Mash together until smooth then add in egg, flour, grated potatoes, remaining almond milk and ¼ cup chives.
- Heat a griddle to 350 degrees and place about 1 tsp. of coconut oil on the griddle.
- Spoon about 3 dollops of batter for each pancake (you can make 4-6 at a time on the griddle)
- Cook each side about 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Sprinkle remaining chives on top of pancakes and serve hot.
Products in this Recipe
Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Glass Jar - 16 fl oz (473mL)