Mother’s Day Macaroons
Serves: 32 Macaroons
- 2 cans (7.4 oz cans) sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 5 cups shredded coconut
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Optional Chocolate Coating:
- Natural red food coloring (I used 1 teaspoon beet juice)
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix condensed coconut milk and vanilla into shredded coconut.
- Beat eggs whites and salt with an electric mixer until the egg whites form soft peaks.
- Fold egg white mixture into shredded coconut mixture.
- Form macaroons with your hands and place onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 24 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Macaroons last one week in refrigerator or one month in freezer.
Option: Melt white chocolate and coconut oil in a double broiler or microwave. Add in food coloring and mix well. Dip the bottom of the macaroons into the chocolate then sprinkle additional melted chocolate on top then refrigerate immediately for at least 20 minutes so that the chocolate settles.