Mushroom Bean Burgers
Serves: 4 Burgers
- 1¼ cup chopped mushrooms (such as baby bellas)
- 1 15.5oz can pinto beans
- rinsed and drained
- 3 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- ¾ cup gluten free breadcrumbs such as chic pea breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon Garden of Life coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or black pepper)
- Heat skillet to medium high and add coconut oil, mushrooms, garlic, green onion, coconut aminos, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Place mixture into a food processor and add beans, salt and parsley.
- Pulse until well combined.
- Remove mixture and add breadcrumbs, then mix all together with your hands and finally form 4 burger patties.
- Heat skillet to medium high and add olive oil and cook each burger 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a bun or on a bed of greens with your favorite condiments and toppings.
- Burgers last 3 days refrigerated.
Products in this Recipe
Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Glass Jar - 16 fl oz (473mL)