Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup Garden of Life Coconut Oil melted
- 2 eggs
- 2½ cups gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup crushed peanuts
Other Sandwich Items:
- 1 pint dairy-free ice cream flavor of your choice
- 2 cups dark chocolate chunks plus 1½ Tablespoons Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- For the cookies, mix together the peanut butter, sugars, coconut oil, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add eggs and mix again.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix again then stir in peanuts.
- Form round tablespoon-sized balls and place them on a cookie sheet then press them down slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes and then let cool.
- Melt chocolate chunks and coconut oil in a double broiler and set aside.
- Get out your ice cream and spoon 1-2 tablespoons on one cookie, then place another cookie on top to form a sandwich.
- Lastly dip it into the melted chocolate then place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and freeze immediately.
- Repeat steps to form sandwiches until you have used up all the cookies.
Products in this Recipe
Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Plastic Jar - 29 fl oz (858 mL)