Pistachio and Coconut Crusted Salmon
- 4 wild salmon fillets (about 5 to 6 ounces each)
- ½ cup organic pistachios
- ⅓ cup shredded organic coconut flakes
- 1 Tablespoon ground Garden of Life Golden Flaxseed
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons grated organic Parmesan or Parmesan Reggiano cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor using the "S" blade, process pistachios until they are finely chopped.
- Add coconut, spices, cheese and flaxseed and pulse a few times until well mixed with pistachios.
- Remove and stir in olive oil.
- Grease a baking dish or pan with olive or coconut oil and place fish in pan and cover each piece with some of the mixture.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked to your liking. (I suggest medium to medium well for salmon.)
Products in this Recipe
RAW Organics Golden Flaxseed 14 oz (397g)