Skip to content
Serves: Makes 10 to 12 balls
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup pitted dates
- scant ½ cup raw carob powder
- scant ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup whole almonds
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- Place walnuts in a food processor and process until coarsely ground.
- Add the dates, and pulse until well combined with the nuts.
- Add the carob powder, syrup, almond butter, vanilla extract and salt. Process until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Add the almonds, and pulse a few times until combined; you want them to remain in crunchy chunks.
- Form the mixture into golf-ball-size balls with your hands. Roll the balls in coconut. Place in a sealed container in the freezer until hardened.