Raw Vegan Carrot Cake
Serves: 1 cake
- 2 cups walnuts
- 6 large Medjool dates pitted
- 2 Tablespoons Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups cashews soaked for 30 minutes in water then rinsed and drained
- ½ cup fresh carrot juice
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup Garden of Life Coconut Oil melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup shredded coconut flakes
- ¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- To make crust, place walnuts, salt and cinnamon in food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add coconut oil and dates and process again until well mixed and sticky then press into a 7-to-8 inch spring form pan.
- To make filling, place all ingredients (starting with wet ingredients) into a high speed blender and blend until very smooth.
- Pour filling over the crust.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes all over the top of the cake and sprinkle the nuts around the perimeter of the cake.
- Freeze cake for at least 3 hours to let it set before serving.
- Lasts 1-to-2 months in freezer.
Products in this Recipe
Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Glass Jar - 16 fl oz (473mL)