Skip to content
Roasted Veggie Side Dish
- 1½ cups peeled and chopped parsnips
- 1½ cups peeled and chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped turnips
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts trimmed and cut in half
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ Tablespoons fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt divided
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons warm water
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, ½ teaspoon sea salt, ½ Tablespoon of Rosemary and ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
- Spread them evenly on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes, tossing them over half way through.
- Next, toss together the remaining vegetables with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, ½ teaspoon sea salt, thyme and balsamic vinegar and lay evenly on 2 baking sheets.
- Cook vegetables for 20 minutes, flip (the best you can) and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add in cranberries to veggies and cook for an additional 8 minutes then remove from oven.
- Whisk together the warm water and molasses then combine all the veggies and toss with the molasses mixture.
- Serve warm.