Sweet Potato Casserole
Sweet Potato Mixture:
- 7 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Boil sweet potatoes in large pot of water until tender, rinse and drain.
- Place sweet potatoes back into the pot (removed from stovetop) and add the next 4 ingredients, blend until smooth with an immersion blender (or blend in a food processor in batches until smooth).
- While the sweet potatoes are boiling, make the pecans.
- To make pecans, heat a large skillet on stove top to medium high, add in coconut oil, maple syrup, pecans, salt, pepper and cinnamon and stir constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and spread pecans on a parchment-lined cookie sheet to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread blended sweet potatoes into a baking dish, sprinkle pecans on top and bake about 40 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Products in this Recipe
Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Plastic Jar - 29 fl oz (858 mL)