Sweet Potato Frittata
- 7 organic eggs
- 1 cup thinly sliced organic leeks
- 4 organic garlic cloves finely chopped
- 4 cups fresh organic spinach
- ¼ cup chopped organic red bell pepper
- 1 large cooked organic sweet potato
- 3 Tablespoons Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Swiss cheese
- ¼ cup white cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Sauté leeks, red bell pepper and garlic in 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil until they are tender, then set aside.
- Sauté spinach in 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil until softened, then set aside.
- Using a mandolin slicer, slice thin, round pieces of the cooked sweet potato (or use a knife and cut thin slices).
- Whisk together eggs and seasoning.
- Grease a square brownie pan or pie pan with butter, olive or coconut oil.
- Place one layer of sweet potatoes on bottom of pan, and then add the spinach, leeks and red bell peppers and top with another layer of sliced potatoes.
- Pour eggs over layers and top with cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with your favorite hot sauce, salsa or sliced avocados.
Products in this Recipe
Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Glass Jar - 16 fl oz (473mL)