Skip to content
Vanilla Chai Pumpkin Pie
- 1 9-inch gluten-free pie crust - homemade or store-bought
- 1 Tablespoon Garden of Life Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 scoop of Raw Organic Protein Vanilla Chai
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch pie pan with coconut oil and assemble pie crust into the prepared pie pan.
- Transfer pie crust to oven and allow to bake until edges begin to brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and set crust aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the pumpkin, coconut, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk protein, xanthan gum and spices together; add to pumpkin mixture and blend until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baked crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center does not jiggle.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes, then place in fridge to cool completely.