Vegan Appetizer for Two: Marinated Olives
For a complete Vegan Dinner for Two, see Chef Gwen’s amazing Vegan Main Course and Vegan Dessert recipes:
- 2 cups olives (such as Castelvatrano and Kalamata)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves
- strips of rind from 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, bay leaves and garlic in a saucepan and heat on low until warm.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon rind, thyme, rosemary and fennels seeds.
- Place olives in a jar and pour in the marinade.
- Shake well and refrigerate for a few hours before serving.