Skip to content
Vegan Blackberry Lemon Scones
Serves: 8 Scones
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (plus 1-2 tbsp. more for coating scones)
- ¼ tsp. vanilla bean seeds (the inside part from vanilla bean pod or use 1 tsp. vanilla extract)
- 2½ cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 3½ Tbsp. organic cane sugar
- 1½ Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1¾ cup organic confectioner’s sugar
- 3 Tbsp. almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, salt, sugar, baking powder).
- Pour milk, vanilla bean seeds and lemon zest and mix until batter becomes moist, do not over mix.
- Fold in blackberries (it’s ok if they get smashed).
- Move batter to a floured surface and with your hands form a round disk (about 8-10 inches across).
- Cut into 8 triangular pieces using a wet knife.
- Place scones on cookie sheet, brush almond milk on each, and bake for 20 minutes.
- While scones are baking, make the glaze.
- Simply whisk together all glaze ingredients until smooth, then spoon over scones while they are still warm.
- Scones last 3-4 days in refrigerator or one month in freezer.