Vegan Chili Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 ½ cup diced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 diced yellow bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons diced jalapeño
- 2 Tablespoons Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 28 oz can tomato puree
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Poke several holes into each sweet potato, wrap in foil, then place on a baking pan and bake for 60-70 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, make the chili.
- Place coconut oil, onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, garlic and jalapeño into a large pot and heat to medium high and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in remaining ingredients, stir, and let simmer on low until the sweet potatoes are done cooking.
- Once sweet potatoes are done, remove from oven and let cool enough so that you can handle them safely.
- Cut open each sweet potato so that you can spoon a good heaping scoop of chili into them.
- Top with your favorite toppings such as hummus, cilantro, avocado, vegan sour cream or cheese.
Products in this Recipe
Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Glass Jar - 16 fl oz (473mL)