Vegan Holiday Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups gluten free baking flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 scoop Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein Vanilla
- ½ cup Garden of Life Coconut Oil - melted
- 1 cup cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon Garden of Life Coconut Oil - melted
- ½ teaspoon peppermint oil
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops of natural red food coloring - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients (first 4 ingredients) and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer or food processor, mix together the next 3 ingredients then slowly mix in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until the batter is crumbly.
- Place batter in a bowl, pour in almond milk (1/4 cup) and work batter together with your hands until it forms a malleable ball. Add more almond milk if you need to, you want the batter to be smooth not crumbly at this point.
- Place batter in refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- While batter is in refrigerator you can make the frosting by whisking together all the frosting ingredients until it is smooth.
- Remove batter from refrigerator and flour (using gluten free flour) the counter.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until it's about ¼ inch thick and then use cookie cutters to cut out 12-14 cookies.
- Place cookies on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cookies fully cool before frosting them.
- You can add fun sprinkles, chocolate shavings, fresh mint or even toasted almonds on top of the frosted cookies too!
Products in this Recipe
Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Plastic Jar - 14 fl oz (414 mL)