Heart Shaped Raw Protein & greens Molten Cake
I would be lying if I said I loved chocolate. Love is such an understatement compared to how much I really like chocolate! With Valentine’s Day around the corner and Garden of Life’s new RAW Protein & greens release you could say I was feeling more than a little inspired.
Valentine’s Day reminds me of love and chocolate.. lots of chocolate. I also wanted my recipe to be simple, nothing to complex and quick. I have a toddler, everything needs to be quick or I get detoured. I’m sure you Mom’s out there can completely relate. I had an awesome idea to do a microwave molten chocolate cake and while digging in my pantry found an awesome heart shaped pancake mold from Good Cook that was the icing on the cake for my recipe!
Before I dive right into the recipe let me tell you a little more about the RAW Protein & greens:
RAW Protein & greens is a Certified USDA Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified combination of clean organic plant protein and organic veggies. Why is Certified Organic and Non-GMO Verified important? In addition to clean tasting better, concentrating plants—proteins and veggie powders—makes them super nutritious in small, calorie-controlled servings. Conventional farming uses toxic pesticides and fertilizer that can leave residue, or GMOs, then all of that would be concentrated too. That’s why we are careful to use only organically-farmed ingredients.
The blend of six nutrient-rich, energizing, organic greens and veggies in RAW Protein & greens includes organic alfalfa grass juice which has six times the nutrient density of whole leaf grass, plus organic spinach, organic kale, organic broccoli, organic carrot and organic beet.
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. RAW Protein & greens Chocolate Flavor
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. chocolate fudge of your choosing
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Whisk in the milk and vegetable oil until all ingredients are combined and batter has no clumps.
- Pour batter into a microwave-safe mold or mug (I used this similar to this).
- Add 1 tsp. of Hershey’s chocolate fudge in the middle of the batter. Just drop it in the middle, no need to push it down and sink it in the batter.
- Microwave cake for 45 seconds on high or 12-14 minutes in a 450F oven until the sides have set and center is still soft
- Carefully remove from microwave or oven and enjoy!
About our guest blogger Megan Adams of Centsable Steals:
My name is Meagan and I am a 25 year old Jack-or should I say Jane-of all trades. I work full time as a Bank Teller, Mommy and Wife, part time as a blogger who who blogs about everything I can. Baking and cooking are my sweet escapes from the stress of everyday life.