Organic Plant Protein Almond Joy Balls
Tis the season for cookie swaps and holiday parties where we can be tempted by a lot of rich, unhealthy foods. These treats made with Garden of Life coconut oil and Organic Plant Protein are a great way to treat yourself, your friends and family with a healthy snack.
OPP Almond Joy Balls
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup and ½ tablespoon Garden of Life coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 scoop Garden of Life Organic Plant Protein Vanilla
- ½ cup cacao (or carob if you are vegan) chips
- Slivered or whole almonds for garnish
- In a small saucepan combine coconut, 1cup coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt. Cook and stir over low heat, about 5 minutes, or until the shredded coconut has softened and absorbed some of the oil. Remove from heat, and stir in the Organic Plant Protein.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×5-inch loaf pan. Firmly pack the mixture down, and refrigerate for at least an hour. Using a small cookie scoop, make small balls out of the mixture. If your kitchen is warm, chill the balls again for 15-30 minutes.
- Melt cacao chips with a remaining coconut oil, mix until melted and smooth. Dip your coconut balls to coat the top with chocolate. Set aside on a non-stick surface (parchment paper or silpat). Sprinkle the top with slivered almonds or set one almond onto the top of the ball, pressing down slightly.
- Cool for an additional 10-20 minutes for the chocolate to set and enjoy!