Stovetop Popcorn with Coconut Oil
If you’re someone who hits up the movie theater mainly to indulge in that tub of buttery, salty, oh-so-delicious popcorn, we feel you. Unfortunately, even a small serving of movie-theater popcorn can contain upward of 30 grams of saturated fat (eek!), and can be really unhealthy. So, we’d like to share our healthy alternative that we think may taste even better!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Medium-sized pan with a fitted lid
- ¼ cup Certified USDA Organic Popcorn Kernels
- 5 Tbsp. Garden of Life Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Kosher Sea Salt to taste
- Heat pan to medium high
- Add Garden of Life Coconut Oil to the pan
- Add one kernel into the pan and wait … Once it pops, the pan is ready!
- Add the rest of the popcorn kernels to pan and cover with lid
- Move pan back and forth on stovetop while the kernels are popping
- Once all (or most) kernels have popped, remove pan from stove top
- Place popcorn in a large bowl and sprinkle kosher sea salt on top to taste
Looking for some perfect-popcorn inspiration?
Check out our how-to video below.
QUICK TIPS & DIY VIDEOS
Check out these other great tips and videos.
Looking to light up your next outdoor get-together? We’ve got an easy, fun project for all of you DIY-ers:...
If you’re someone who hits up the movie theater mainly to indulge in that tub of buttery, salty, oh-so-delicious...
If you like to guacamole till you drop, you’ll be excited to learn that the main ingredient in the...