Here’s how to burn more calories and tighten your lower body in one workout.
If you’re looking for burn extra calories and get a more shapely lower body, then it’s time to rise to the occasion! Meaning—whatever activity you do—do it on an incline. Performing cardio on an incline puts more emphasis on your lower body—hamstrings, glutes and calves—while also increasing the intensity of your workout. Let’s face it; walking up a hill versus walking on a flat stretch of road is much more challenging and much more rewarding!
Here are a few ideas for you to try:
- Be sure to set the treadmill or elliptical trainer to an incline of at least 5 percent or higher.
- Choose to walk or run up hills as opposed to avoiding them.
- Biking up hills—extremely challenging from both a cardiovascular and muscular perspective.
- If your gym has a StepMill—use it.
- Get outside and find a local school or stadium and run sprints on the stairs.
These are just a few suggestions, but we’re sure you get the idea. So rise to the challenge and achieve maximum benefits from your two-for-one workout.
In order to avoid risk of injury, please seek advice directly from your physician, especially if you have existing medical issues, before beginning any exercise or nutritional program. Also, be sure to stretch after exercise to avoid muscle and joint tightness.