Want a More Defined Upper Body?
Here’s an awesome move that you can do in the comfort of your home that will help shape, define and strengthen your upper body—especially the ever-wiggly triceps (back of the arm). This isn’t just for women—men can greatly benefit from this move as well. Try to incorporate this into your routine at least three times per week—more if you can!
- Start in a plank position keeping your shoulders directly over your hands.
- Be sure to keep your body in a straight line.
- Keep your head in line with your body. (Don’t raise or lower your head—it puts stress on your neck.)
- Next, slowly lower yourself until your elbows are in line with your body, keeping elbows close to your body.
- Hold that position for a count of two—you should be about 12 inches off the ground.
- Return to your starting position.
Perform 5-6 reps (beginner) but if you can do more, that’s great!
Rest for 60 seconds
Perform another 2-to-3 sets
As we said, if you’re a beginner, the 5-to-6 reps may be a challenge—but that’s the whole point! As you build up strength, you can increase the number of plank push-ups you perform with each set. Over time and with consistency, you should feel that upper body tighten up and become more defined.
In order to avoid risk of injury, please seek advice directly from your physician, especially if you have existing medical issues, before beginning any exercise or nutritional program. Also, be sure to stretch after exercise to avoid muscle and joint tightness.