Recipe by I Heart Keenwah
- 2 well-mashed bananas
- 1 flax egg (1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 Tablespoons water)
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- 1 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- 1 scoop vanilla Garden of Life SPORT Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- 1/3 cup walnuts chopped
Note: No added sugar (only sweetness is from the bananas and the touch of stevia contained in the protein powder) and 4-5g of plant-based protein per muffin!
- Combine mashed bananas, flax seed and water, coconut oil and milk in a mixing bowl.
- Stir with a spoon until well combined.
- Add quinoa flakes, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and walnuts and fold until a batter forms.
- Spoon into muffin tray and bake for 5 minutes at 425 F and then 7 minutes at 375 F.
- Cool on cooling rack and serve.