- 4 ounce boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground chili powder
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup sliced red
- and/or yellow bell peppers
- 2 cups dark leafy greens
- 1 small tomato (¼ to ½ cup total) cut into wedges
- 1 Tablespoon salsa
- Lime wedges
Recipe courtesy of David Perlmutter, M.D. (Original)
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Coat chicken breast with oil, cumin, chili powder and salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in skillet, cook 4-5 minutes per side, then add peppers.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through and peppers are tender (approximately 5 additional minutes).
- While chicken cooks, arrange greens in a serving bowl, top with tomato wedges.
- Once chicken is done, cut into strips and place chicken and peppers on top of greens in serving bowl.
- Top with salsa and serve with lime wedges for squeezing over the top.