Looking to light up your next outdoor get-together? We’ve got an easy, fun project for all of you DIY-ers: Mason Jar Firefly Lights. This simple project will add just the right amount of spark to any event. Let’s get started!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 12-18 strands of Firefly Lights (we used these battery-operated, copper-wire strands found on Etsy)
- 12 Mason Jars, plus any variety of glass jars and/or vases you may have
- 48 feet Twine
- Cut twine into 2-foot long segments (cut 24 segments total)
- Remove lid from Mason jars
- Tie one segment of twine securely around the top of each jar
- Tie a second segment of twine securely around the opposite side of the top of the jar
- Turn on firefly light strand, place in jar and fashion so that the lights are spread out in the jar to your liking
- Put lid on Mason jar and secure tightly
- Repeat process with all Mason jars
- Hang jars over tree branches at various levels by tying the two pieces of twine together over the branch, snipping off any excess twine; or, simply place on tabletops
- For the other glass jars and vases: Turn on firefly lights, arrange in glass container and scatter around the yard and/or on tables. If you’re using vases, greenery is a lovely touch to the firefly lights
Try these out at any occasion: weddings, evening picnics, banquets or simply home décor!