- 1 pound green beans (trimmed and cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces)
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup chopped raw walnuts
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- salt and pepper
- Place the beans in a large stockpot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and then immediately lower the heat to a simmer. Simmer until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and drain well. Pat dry.
- Heat the butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the walnuts and cook, stirring constantly, just until the nuts begin to color, about 2 minutes.
- Add the beans and, using tongs, toss and turn to coat well. Add the orange zest and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer to a large bowl and serve.